The Women's Ministry is one of the most diverse ministries that we have at Eastridge. No matter what you like to do, you can find it in within this ministry.
Listed below are the various components that make up the Women's Ministry.
- Ladies Bible Classes- The purpose of the Ladies’ Bible Classes is to strengthen our understanding and relationship with God through personal Bible study and class discussion. The classes also provide an opportunity for ladies to grow closer to each other while growing closer to God. The Wednesday evening Bible class is part of the Wednesday night class structure. The Thursday morning Bible class is held during the school year and is an in-depth spiritual study. Both classes are conducted at the church building and are designed for ladies of all ages.
- Ladie's Day- Our Eastridge sisters will have the chance to come together for a Saturday afternoon at the church building filled with spiritual focus and lively fellowship.
- Ladies’ Retreat- The women will retreat to a special getaway and focus on not only the spiritual, but the social blessing of having Christian sisters.
- Christian Care Center- The Christian Care Center in Mesquite has a special place in our hearts. The purpose of this committee is to extend a loving hand of support and encouragement to the residents at the Center through the planning of their July birthday bash and other Center sponsored activities.
- Baby Blessing- Baby Blessings are held twice a year to recognize families that have welcomed a new child. The Eastridge congregation takes a moment to identify these families and gives each new child a children’s Bible. The Elders invite the congregation to join them in prayer over each of the families.
- Motherly Love- Based on Titus 2:4-5, Motherly Love is a ministry of "older" women serving women with young children. The typical format includes fellowship with snacks, devotional, prayer time, and an inspirational message by one of the ladies.
- Family Care/Food Needs Ministry-The Family Care/Food Needs Ministry provides food and other benevolent services to members of our congregations in times of need (usually after a stay in the hospital or after a death in the immediate family). Meals are prepared by one or more of the ladies within your geographic “zone” and then delivered to those in need.
- Funeral Meal – Set-up/Service Helpers- Because of the sudden and unexpected nature of this ministry area, we need a large group of people to draw from that could help set up and serve a meal at our church in the case of a funeral.
- Angel Breakfast- On a Saturday during the upcoming Christmas holiday season, a very special breakfast will be hosted for our Eastridge children up to 3rd grade. A core group of organized ladies help coordinate the breakfast food, service project activity, holiday photos, entertainment, and some of the fun activities.
- Easter EGGstravaganza- A fun loving committee helps organize an Easter egg hunt and special activities for some of our younger Eastridge children.
- Trunk-or-Treat- This fall-time tradition is a favorite for the kiddos (and the young at heart). Please consider being a part of the organizing committee to help promote and organize this treat-filled event!
- Ladies’ L.I.F.E. Lines Newsletter- The Ladies’ Ministry is very fortunate to have a L.I.F.E. Lines (Love, Involvement, Fellowship, Evangelism) quarterly newsletter that highlights the people and special happenings at Eastridge. If you have a special talent for writing or are willing to submit articles, please consider being a part of our newsletter team.
- Social Sisters- Come to one of our fun-filled social activities for the ladies at Eastridge: Ladies’ Christmas Party, Service Project, Game Night, and Devo & Dessert.
- Sisters in Service (SIS)- This ministry has been established to give special encouragement to the single moms at Eastridge who may need a little extra boost from time to time. This may be in the form of sending a card, making a phone call, or surprising that sweet mom with a batch of home-made cookies!
- The Connection- We are blessed with many new members being added to our church family. Along with a group of Eastridge sisters, help welcome new sisters by attending a simple lunch or coffee, giving them the Ladies’ Ministry activity folder, and encouraging them to get involved in some of the wonderful activities in our ministry.
- Showers-Wedding and Baby- Join a large group of women who will rotate helping host our Eastridge wedding and/or baby showers.
- Secret Prayer Sisters- Secret Prayer Sisters is a fun way to meet other ladies in our congregation and be a spiritual encouragement to one another. Participants are given the name of another participant to pray for specific needs, secretly buy small gifts for, and/or write notes of encouragement.
- Bunco- Bunco is a game that is fast paced and very social. The purpose for Eastridge having ladies’ Bunco groups is for monthly social fellowship that helps provide the opportunity to build close relationships with other women in the relaxed atmosphere of an individual’s home.
- Quilting Circle- Would you like to be a piece of a very special Eastridge Ministry? Can you sew a straight line? The third Friday of each month the Eastridge Quilters get together to spend the morning piecing together and making quilts tha tare given to the children at Boles Children’s Home. The more ladies we get involved, the more quilts we can give the children.
If you have an interest in any of these minsitries or questions, please send an email to our Ministry Leaders to learn more or get involved.