The Eastridge Global Gospel ministry was created to effectively and efficiently engage God’s people at the Eastridge Church of Christ in Rockwall, Texas in the Lord’s command to “make disciples of all the peoples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I command you”, providing witness for Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit “even to the remotest parts of the earth.” Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8.
To search out and support mission efforts that teach and preach the word in multiple methods in countries and communities where the environment is most favorable to receive the preaching and teaching of salvation by God’s grace manifest in His son Jesus Christ, and makes it most possible for God’s children at the Eastridge church of Christ to participate not only with funding but with visits to provide Bible teaching, medical, education, vocational skills training, food, water, and clothing.
To accomplish the mission the Eastridge mission committee will seek and support with 80% of its funds works that meet the following criteria:
- The person or persons receiving support are indigenous to the country they intend to teach, preach, and serve, are led by the Spirit, sound in doctrine, and of good reputation.
- There is an active church in existence which has ministry programs engaged in their community serving nutritional, clothing, shelter, health care, and education needs.
- There is a preaching school as part of the local church mission to train indigenous preachers and teachers for planting or expanding churches in their country.
- A location that extends opportunity for members of the Eastridge congregation to visit for specific mission efforts of teaching, health care, and basic needs support.
- Is financially sustainable by Eastridge church with a plan to phase out financial support after a five year period.
- If facilities and equipment are part of the request rather than operational funds and/or direct support of a person or persons, the criteria of items 1-5 must still be met.
The remaining 20% of available funds can be used outside of the above criteria at the discretion of the consensus of the mission committee for purposes of spreading the gospel.